Another Pen for Western Culture

Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Kids.

These are our children. Twila is seven and Marshall is four.

This picture was taken on our 600-acre cattle ranch in the Texas Hill Country. We try to spend our weekends there riding horses and admiring the 200 head of Black Angus. (I keep the taxes down by leasing some of the property out to run cattle.) But we haven't been up there in a while because I've been having some trouble with the Cessna. (In fact, it's been so long since we got up there, I'll be flying the sleigh up there tomorrow to mow the airstrip.)

In truth, I promised a picture to Kelly (of CarterandKelly.com, the really smooth and nicely-done blog). And while I was lying about the farm & Cessna, the kids are real. Thanks, Kelly for a good excuse to show them off. I wish I could post a link to their personalities. They are a hoot! She's a 2nd-grader, and loves to read and write stories. He's four and loves horses, balls, and clothes. For Christmas, she wants a blue bicycle. He wants an Indian bow and arrow--and everything else in the catalog! Guess who takes after whom....

3 Comments:

  • aw, they're so cute!

    btw, when are you gonna let me ride on one of your arabian horses?

    By Blogger The Doctor, at 7:26 AM, December 16, 2005  

  • Anytime! It's BYOA: Bring your own albuterol! (Oh, and some free meds for me....).

    JT--thank you! Wish I could blow this up a little.

    By Blogger S., at 10:50 PM, December 16, 2005  

  • When I clicked on the photo it enlarged. Trouble is I don't know how to get back without reentering
    the blog. But oh, well ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:27 PM, December 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home