Another Pen for Western Culture

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Kudos to David Mamet


Here's an article that will bless your soul. (But beware the language.)

Every day I think about the liberal worldview and how best to address it. I struggle to reduce conservatism and liberalism to their few and most fundamental principles (private property is sacrosanct, free markets = better and cheaper products, power corrupts and must be held in check, etc.).

Now here's a liberal who unwittingly seems to have worked out the same equations--and of course, he misplaced his liberalism along the way. He begins by stating his most obvious liberal beliefs: People are all basically good, but the world is corrupt, you can't trust the government, or business, or the military, everything is always wrong.


But in my life, a brief review revealed, everything was not always wrong, and neither was nor is always wrong in the community in which I live, or in my country. Further, it was not always wrong in previous communities in which I lived, and among the various and mobile classes of which I was at various times a part.

Click here to read more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home