Another Pen for Western Culture

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Thoughts on Dating & Courtship.

Many of you have read this before--and I didn't write it. But it's very good. This has little to do with western culture, but "e" just says it so well--in that elliptical, stream-of-conscious way of hers..... (...) ;-)

e said...

my momma says..."love isn't enough...if you can live without that person...then you should...if you can't...then don't"...i remember feeling like her...like there wasn't a person in the world who would really love me for everything that i am (and everything that i'm not)...the pretty parts and the not so pretty parts...and that was when i realized that that longing was too big for any man to fill...and it would have been too much...and he would have ended up not being enough for me...no matter who he was...so i turned to jesus...and he proved sufficient beyond my wildest dreams...he filled me up so full i started spilling on all of my friends...and then i met someone recently...who is totally imperfect...sweet as all get out...and just enough...because i'm not looking for him to do god's job in my heart...if i had not come to that place before i met him...he would be just like everyone else i ever dated...but he isn't a necessity...i didn't need someone to validate me or make me complete...he is this gift i get to open and discover...he's a man...he's the icing on the cake...but if i hadn't let jesus for the last 2 years meet me in my lonely places...the abandoned places...the places like this girl you love is experiencing right now...then i am confident that robb wouldn't have been enough...and it wouldn't have been his fault...if you really want to love her well... encourage her to be in that place with jesus...and let him love her...because the love she needs is more than you have to give...no matter how amazing you are...or how much you love her...he is more amazing...and his love is more perfect than yours...you never know...he may wrap her up and give her to you...

Props to E and J.H.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home