Another Pen for Western Culture

Monday, February 12, 2007

Tagged Again? I thought I quit...

Six weird things, because Dennis caught me and held me down:

1. I sometimes eat cold, sliced broccoli for breakfast. No, it doesn't taste good with coffee. But I do it anyway.

2. I only wash my car when it comes free with the oil change.

3. I never sweat and have been known to wear a pair of jeans some fifty times before finally washing them (but who's counting?).

4. I eschew deodorant, but am obsessive about dental health.

5. I have written and now revised a novel. Call me if you know an agent....

6. House Bill Four put me out of work on June 30, 2006. Your prayers are appreciated. (Okay, it's not that weird, but it is critical.)

7. Bonus: By quitting, i.e., walking off when he was mad at me (usually while practicing baseball), Dennis taught me to deeply loathe the quitting instinct--(a message that was reinforced in many other ways by my parents). It is easier for me to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune than it is to take arms 'gainst a sea of troubles . . . and quit.

Thanks for reading!

1 Comments:

  • Good grief. Can't believe # 3 and #4 - and that you'd admit to them.
    (I will wash your jeans for you any time!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:34 PM, February 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home