Another Pen for Western Culture

Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Come True-er

My son has been thinking about prayer a lot lately. He's five. Tuesday night at bedtime he wanted to know if he could pray that God would make those men stop taking our money. (We have had several talks about taxes recently.) I laughed when I realized what he meant. (Interestingly, to Marshall the men who take our money are the same as strangers: nice at first, until they get you alone somewhere in the forest. I'm not sure how he came up with the connection, but I find it apt. And no matter how I try, we cannot discuss one without the other.)

So, Marshall prayed those men would stop taking our money. I prayed his childlike faith might be rewarded!

Last night he wanted to know if he could pray for five more days of Vacation Bible School--which ends tomorrow. Both kids have really enjoyed it this year.

"And so, Daddy, Jejjus is the Come-True-er, Right?"
"What?"
"He's the Come True-er. Because if I pray, He'll make it come true. Right?"

5 Comments:

  • I'm with Marshall on this one. Ask your little cowboy pray for them to stop taking our money as well. I loved VBS has a kid. Bethel and CTK both have VBSs later in the summer if the kids would like some more.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 PM, June 08, 2006  

  • Agreed.

    Blogger is having issues--thus the quadruple postings. I deleted one with a comment from M's paternal Granna.

    She says kids are so cute, why aren't all you people teaching preschoolers?

    True enough.

    By Blogger S., at 7:35 AM, June 09, 2006  

  • oh, how i yearn for the innocence and simplicity that youth allows.

    sounds like a heck of a kid you got there, steven.

    By Blogger J C, at 12:25 PM, June 10, 2006  

  • that was so sweet it made me tear up...thanks for posting it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:27 PM, June 13, 2006  

  • Thank you both. Such sweet cyber space.

    By Blogger S., at 5:00 PM, June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home