Another Pen for Western Culture

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

What is Heaven?

Heaven is a lot of things to a lot of people. But to me it will start with one incredible reunion. I showed my children this video of a sailor returning from Iraq and surprising his kindergartener after 7 months away. Then I asked them who he reminded me of--if I were the little boy. They said, "Grampa?" Good answer.

But no. I said, "If the little boy were me--when I get to Heaven--who is the Daddy?"

And my kindergartener knew:

"GeeJuss!!"

Exactly. Watch this little boy. He is overwhelmed to be reunited with Daddy. Watch how he stretches his hands, spreads his fingers. There is nothing in the world that he wants more at that moment than to be held by his Daddy.

That's me.

"Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

Here's the video. Hope it stays up for a long time.

3 Comments:

  • That was wonderful. Thank you for putting that up. It helps deflect the feminist myth that men are only good for donating their seed. Young boys need their fathers. A good illustration(in our limited finite understanding in this lifetime) of our ultimate reunion with our Heavenly Father.

    Have a good Resurrection weekend.

    He is risen!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:18 AM, April 06, 2007  

  • You're right. Just look at little boys with their dads. As they get older, most of them learn to hide their feelings (the way their dads do) but I'm not sure the feelings change as much as you might think.

    And then the more I know Jesus, the more I identify with the emotions of the little boy in the video. Wow. I still wish I didn't have to depend on Youtube to keep the link alive.

    By Blogger S., at 9:51 AM, April 06, 2007  

  • The video is outstanding. I saw
    that on the news, as well.
    But your post says it all. When
    Bobby Richardson prayed for Mickey
    Mantle as M.M. was dying, he said,
    "I love you. I want to spend eternity with you," and won him to
    Christ. (I heard that on the radio today.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:01 AM, April 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home